Other Important Links
- CORRECTION: Hatboro Federal Saving is donating the AEDs for the Hatboro Police Department for the patrol cars!!! My apologies.
- Lobster Pot is Sept 10....tickets are available now!
- If you ordered a Hatboro Rotary shirt, PLEASE contact Curt Difurio regarding size and payment. He cannot order them if he doesn't have your size!
- District 7430 Happy-Hour at 58 York on Friday 57. Please bring a food donation for the food pantry.
- Bob Powers provided us with a Rotary Moment.....remember to get more members, you have to get out and invite people to join!
On Tuesday evening, 6/14/16, Hatboro Rotary Past Presidents Jack Groves(1979-80), Russ Fairlie(1987-88), Jesse Brookreson(2011-12) and Incoming President, Gary Chamberlain met at Fireside Chat Chairman Russ Fairlie's home to discuss the traditions, history and "nuts and bolts" workings of Hatboro Rotary with new Club Members Tom Post and Barb Schupeltz.
The group talked about Club organization, Board functions and responsibilities, Rotary International, the Rotary Foundation, budgeting and financing, the Club Committee structure, Paul Harris Fellow options, and the purpose and importance of regular attendance at weekly Club meetings.
The Past Presidents shared their history with and feelings about our local Club and answered thoughtful questions from the new Club members. This year's discussion was unique in that the new members were already quite familiar with Rotary, having transferred to Hatboro from another Rotary Club. They were interested in our workings but also had valuable ideas to share from their very active years in their previous Club.
- Charter Night is this Sat May 21 at Spring Mill Country Club
- The Union League of Philadelphia held its 70th annual Good Citizen Day! 292 young men and women (2 of those students were interactors from Hatboro Horsham), all high school juniors, joining for the day-long program. In the morning, students participated in sessions to learn and debate parts of the United States Constitution. In the afternoon, the students went over to City Hall to participate in a three-part program to learn about the three branches of government - Executive (mock-lobbying program), Judicial (mock trial) and Legislative (mock-City Council program).
- District Million Dollar Challlenge raised 2.2 million in bequests for Foundation.
- The Boy Scouts will be honoring Rep Tom Murt at a special dinner.
The Savino Foundation presented at Hatboro Rotary about 4 years ago. They work to put AED in vital places in schools so lives can be saved. Hatboro Rotary wanted to partner with them to place an AED in a school that needed one. I contacted Chip Struck at Phil-Mont and they had one in the office but could use one in the gym. In 2012 Hatboro Rotary and the Savino Foundation donated an AED unit to Phil-Mont for the gym. Four years later that AED unit by God's grace was used to help save a life. Thanks also well-trained staff and administration at Phil-Mont. Great thanks to the Savino Foundation for their work. If you know a school that does not have an AED in their gym work with a local community organization and the Savino Foundation to get one there.
Above all thanks and glory be to God who worked through everyone involved!
The Very Rev Dr. Jonathan Riches.
Do you know any schools that need AEDs. This is certainly a testament to how important they are in saving lives!
- String Quartet Cavani from the renown Cleveland Institute of Music will perform in concert at at Hatboro Horsham High School March 3 7 PM admission $10 www.hhef.org/cavani
- "Robotics are taking over Hatboro Horsham" Saturday March 5 11 am to 1pm at the Hatboro Horsham High School Gymnasium 899 Horsham Rd
- 5459 Quetta, Pakistan25.11.2008
- 22219 Niger 07.06.2013
- 3323 Nairobi, Kenya 31.12.2006
- 6617 Haiti 24.11.2009
- 22218 Niger 07.06.2013
- 22220 Niger 07.06.2013
- 23460 Niger 28.07.2014
- 23461 Niger 28.7.2014
- 17421 Ethiopia 22.03.2011
- 21376 Senegal 26.07.2012
- 6648 Haiti 24.11.2009